How To Remove Sticky Residue
Removing sticky residue that is left behind from stickers and sticky labels can be difficult to remove especially from surfaces such as clothing, walls or glass. These great tips will make removing self-adhesive residue much easier.
How to Remove Sticky Tape Residue from Plastic?
The best way to do this is through rubbing alcohol or vodka, if you want to know how to get sticker residue off plastic, glass or wood, one of the most effective solvents that is safe for most surfaces is rubbing alcohol. Vodka is another good option as well, use a wet paper towel or cloth with the alcohol and then rub the residue to help life it off. When it comes to stubborn stickers, we recommend that you place an alcohol soaked cloth on the area and let it settle to soften the residue, you can then use the cloth to rub off anything that has been left behind.
How to Remove Sticky Residue from Plastic Surface?
When it comes to sticky residue, it can be annoying and is difficult to deal with, there’s no need to worry though because it is easy to remove, however, how you do it all depends on the type of residue and how strong it is. One of the best first attempts of removing sticky residue is scraping, pressing and rubbing the sticker, sticky area or sticky residue. You can also remove the residue by wrapping masking tape around your fingers and pressing it against the sticker residue. Alternatively you may need to consider rubbing alcohol or vodka, as mentioned previously, this will be one of the best ways to get off any stubborn residue.
How To Remove Sticky Residue From Walls
With changing styles or once past crazes stickers can end up being left on walls longer that they were intended to be. This means when it comes to them being removed it’s more than likely they’ll that residue will be left behind. To remove residue from walls do the following:
- Remove as much as the residue through rubbing or scraping to ensure as much of the sticky residue is off as possible
- Then try using a pencil eraser to rub away further excess that might be left on the wall
- Once all of the residue is off the wall, wash it down with a cloth and warm soapy water and it will
How To Remove Sticky Residue From Plastic
Removing sticky residue from plastics can be a little be trickier especially when you don’t know the safest or best method to remove sticky residue. Certain chemical agents can damage the structure of the plastic or mark the plastic. The best method for removing self-adhesive residue is:
- Apply a small amount of warm vegetable oil to the areas and then let it soak into the area for a couple of hours
- Then set a hair dryer to warm and use it to soften the glue
- Wipe away any residue that loosens and continue to do so until all of the sticky residue is removed
- Finally use hot soapy water and clean down the area
How To Remove Sticky Residue From Glass
Glass in the form of jars and bottles are regularly used time and time again. That’s why it’s important to know how to remove sticky residue from glass. Follow these steps to remove self-adhesive residue from glass.
- Start by soaking the glass based product into a bowl or dish of hot soapy water. To create the soapy water simply use a general washing up liquid
- Leave the item to soak in the water for around about half an hour
- The water and soap will start to dissolve and loosen the glue and the residue should lift off quite easily
- If any residue remains then use neat vinegar and a cloth and it will help to loosen and remove the remaining sticky residue
How To Remove Sticky Residue From Clothing
Removing the residue that is left behind from stickers, is actually quite simple to remove from clothes. There are a number of ways to remove any sticky residue from clothing including:
- Tumble Dryer – Soak the item then start to dry it just like any other item however during the drying process stop the tumble dryer and try to remove the sticky residue. It will be much more difficult to remove once the item is fully dry.
- Cleaning Products – Always check the garment label before using any cleaning products to ensure that the cleaning product can be safely used on it without damaging the material
- Washing Detergent – Normal washing products when rubbed directly onto the area with the sticky residue are typically capable of removing of the residue
- Re-Treating – If you’ve tried to remove sticky residue and it’s only partially came off, then try to re-treat it again using the same of a different method
For more information on how to ‘remove sticky residue’ be sure to get in touch with the team at Price Stickers today. Should you have any questions relating to stickers, the Price Stickers team are always on hand to answer any questions you have. Contact us directly via email or using the telephone number in the right-hand corner. Have fun shopping.